“This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone.” #PackedWithSavings #CollectiveBias
This past weekend I turned another year older and celebrated my Birthday with my family. My husband had to work on the actual day so he said to think of something I haven’t eaten in a long time and we would go pick it up when he got home. I had something cheesy in mind and knowing that I had just printed some great Kraft coupons, a new recipe for me was unfolding in my mind.
We are a family of seven so I’m always hunting for coupon deals. I use a lot of printable coupons in my shopping each week to stretch our dollars further. Feeding five growing kiddos can get costly. I love saving so we can use the extra money to go on short vacations or an extra special treat.
When my husband got home from work that night, I already knew where we would go shopping. I love how my local Walmart offers low prices and is so close to my home. We shop there a lot and are very familiar with where most everything is located. We picked up a 16 oz bag of Kraft Mozzarella cheese, Kraft Macaroni & Cheese 5 pack, and a 1 1/2 lb package of Oscar Mayer Butcher Thick Cut Bacon.
The next day we celebrated my birthday and that evening we all gathered around to make supper together. I haven’t had Bacon Mac and Cheese in months and knowing how my kids love Macaroni and Cheese I knew they would like what we were about to make.
My husband started on the bacon and steaming broccoli while the kiddos and I worked on a side salad. This year our garden is the best that it has ever been. I was pretty happy to be able to make a salad and get some broccoli to go with our meal.
When the broccoli was nice and soft and the bacon was all ready to crumble up it was time to cook the macaroni and cheese. My son loves helping with that part because he says it looks “cool” when the hard macaroni expands and turns into soft pasta.
The next part looked like a buffet. All the kids took turns adding the broccoli and crumbled bacon to the macaroni and cheese. After that was mixed up nice and well they topped it off with mozzarella cheese to make it even cheesier.
We then put it into the oven and let the cheese melt.
It looked so good coming out of the oven. Happy Birthday to me! 😉
Bacon Mac and Cheese with Broccoli Recipe
What you will need:
16 oz bag of Kraft Mozzarella cheese
- 2 boxes of Kraft Macaroni and Cheese (all depending on the size of your family you may use more or less)
- 1/2 lb of Oscar Mayer Butcher Thick Cut Bacon (use more or less if desired)
- Fresh Broccoli crown
- Margarine or Butter
- Start bacon and broccoli at the same time. Steam broccoli in a pot with enough water to cover it and cook bacon thoroughly until very crispy.
- When half of the amount of bacon is cooked start boiling water in a large pot to cook the macaroni and cheese. By the time that the macaroni and cheese has been prepared your bacon will be all cooked and ready to be crumbled on the side as well as your broccoli.
- After mixing the macaroni and cheese together it’s time to crumble the cooled bacon and cut the broccoli into small pieces.
- Add the bacon and broccoli to the prepared macaroni and cheese and mix well.
- Top with Mozzarella cheese.
- Bake on 350 degrees F for around 10 minutes until mozzarella cheese is melted.
- Serve hot and enjoy!
By using Kraft printable coupons I was able to feed my large family this particular meal for under $7.00!
If you haven’t printed these awesome coupons from Kraft yet, you better hurry! These coupons are limited and tend to go fast.
What is your favorite meal to prepare using Kraft Summer Essentials?