“This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Beyond Meat. All opinions are my own.” #FutureOfProtein
See those meatballs on the plate above? What If I told you those were made with plant-based protein from Beyond Meat? Ya pretty neat huh? Just recently I was offered to participate in “The Future of Protein Challenge.” My mission? To secretly substitute one of our meals with a Beyond Meat Product.
Now sometimes it’s hard to feed a family of seven because not everyone likes the same foods. One meal that everyone loves and agrees on though, is Spaghetti and Meatballs! I decided to secretly switch out regular “meat” meatballs with Beyond Meat’s Beyond Beef Meatballs. Say that ten times fast! =P
Now you may be asking who or what is Beyond Meat. Beyond Meats are 100% plant-based products that enable families to continue eating meals they love without the health and other downsides of animal protein. Beyond Meat is planting The Future of Protein, using protein from plants to create delicious products like beef crumbles, chicken strips & tenders and of course these delicious meatballs.
Some great athletes understand the benefits of plant-based proteins and have partnered with Beyond Meat to effectively communicate, by example, these benefits to other families and their children. Athletes like David Wright, Maya Moore, April Ross, J.J Redick, Eric Bledsoe, Maggie Vessey and Tia Blanco.
I personally tried the meatballs along with my family too of course and thought they were different but not a bad different. The past few months my husband and I have been talking about getting rid of animal meats in our diet and pretty much becoming vegetarians. So knowing there is great products like these that we can consume in our favorite meat dishes makes me happy!
Check out a couple of my family members and their reaction when I told them what the meatballs really were made of.
Like contests and prizes? I know I do! You can take The Future Of Protein Challenge with your family too and enter to win some really great prizes!
Prizes include: Le Crueset cookware, 3 months of Chef’d meal delivery, a $500 Visa Gift Card and a chance to watch our athletes in action!
- Buy discounted Beyond Meat products with this coupon.
- Secretly substitute a Beyond Meat product in a family-favorite meal. Click here to download Beyond Meat product info and some suggested recipes.
- After everyone has enjoyed the meal, reveal to them that the meat they just ate was made from 100% plants! Capture their thoughts, comments, and of course, empty plates and happy faces.
- Post your photographs and a recap of the dinner to Instagram or Twitter by 11:00PM PST on 10/31, tagging “@ Beyond Meat” and “#FutureOfProtein.”- this will automatically enter you in the sweepstakes.
- Repeat whenever your family wants to enjoy protein-packed meals without the downsides of animal meat.
Beyond Meat products can be found in over 7,500 retailers nationwide. Retailers like Albertsons, Raley’s, Target, Whole Foods and much more. Hopefully someday they will be available in all stores, restaurants and schools, how cool would that be?
Which product will you use in your challenge?