At the beginning of this year I decided it was time for a change. I’ve always struggled with my weight and I’m at my heaviest I have ever been in my life. I promised myself that I would not diet because those never seem to work but to make little changes as I go. I try to weigh in once a week and started thinking of making it more fun whether I lost that week or gained. Along came the idea for a DIY Weight Loss Tracker.
DIY Weight Loss Tracker
2 Glass Decorative Bowls
- 1-2 packages of Alphabet Foam Stickers
- Glass Gems/Rocks or Marbles
- 2 Different Washi Tapes
1. Start out by getting your supplies ready. You will need the Washi tape, glass bowls and scissors for the first part.
2. Decorate your bowls with the Washi tape. I used one pattern on each bowl to make them separate and unique.
3. Get your Alphabet Foam Stickers and find the letters to write out the words LBS LOST and LBS TO DROP.
4. Peel off the backings to the foam stickers and on one glass bowl put “LBS LOST” and on the other put “LBS TO DROP.” I put LBS LOST on my glass bowl with the heart Washi tape on it because as I lose pounds I’m making my heart healthier.
5. If you’re trying to lose weight then you probably have chosen a goal to work towards to or a weight that you want to be at. I have designated my glass rocks to equal 1 pound each. Once you figure out how many pounds you want to lose to get to your goal add the amount of rocks to your LBS TO DROP bowl.
I have lost 9lbs so far this year so I have added 9 rocks to my LBS LOST bowl. I still have a lot of weight to lose so I have a lot of rocks in my LBS TO DROP bowl but I can’t wait to take them out each time I lose weight.
What creative ideas have you used to keep track of your weight loss goals if any?