We are a large family so I have to prepare meals that are large enough to feed all of us. Meals can sometimes get boring if we are having the same thing over and over, that’s why I try to change things up and make them different.
The other night I put a few different things together to make a Ground Turkey Casserole. We have been watching what we eat so we’ve been using Ground Turkey instead of regular Hamburger.
What you’ll need (What I used) for the casserole part:
1 lb Ground Turkey (You could always use regular hamburger as well)
- 1/2 of large white or yellow onion
- Bag of Peas and Carrots (You could also use canned or even fresh peas and carrots)
- Salt and Pepper
What you’ll need for the Mashed Potatoes (What I used):
- 6 Potatoes
- Skim Milk (Any type of milk)
Put Ground Turkey into Skillet and cook on medium heat until meat is thoroughly cooked. While that is cooking you can..
Peel the potatoes and cut them into smaller pieces so they will cook faster, rinse off with cold water and set to the side.
- Dice up the onion into very small pieces (or larger) however you like them in your meals.
After the ground Turkey is cooked put that in a casserole dish and add the diced onions, bag of peas/carrots and salt/pepper (your choice on how much you want to season for taste). Mix well. Pre-heat oven to 375 degrees and cook for 30 minutes.
- While the Casserole is cooking, boil the potatoes until tender, strain and mash with fork. I use a hand mixer to make them more creamy. Add the amount of butter or margarine you would like to use and enough milk to make them creamy but not soupy.
Serve the potatoes with the casserole and walaa you have a different type of meal for the night. =)
What kind of casseroles do you make? I would love to have some more ideas for meal times.
Thanks for visiting WEMAKE7! =)