Hey everyone, It’s been a week or so since I have blogged about any of my coupon shopping trips so thought I would post todays. =) I really didn’t plan on going until tomorrow but since we have a storm coming again I thought I would get a break out of the house and see what I could do with my coupons this morning. The day before I go shopping I always plan my trips as much as I can using the best coupons with sales to get the best deal. I was looking over my posts today and realized I only started couponing 28 days ago! lol, I have gotten a lot in that short time. =) Today I planned my trip around Rite-Aid but we did end up going to Shaws and the Dollar Tree as well.
Our first stop was the Dollar Tree. Now I found out last week that I could only use 2 coupons per transaction so it had to be separated between my husband and I. I usually never find enough to even use 4 coupons but today I actually found 5 coupons I could use but had to put the Bounty Paper Towels back and get those at Rite Aid instead ;). I got 2 packages of Hormel pepperoni for $1 (used a printable $1 off 2 packages, making them 50 cents a piece). I didn’t even know they carried Reach Dental floss so I got 2 of those for $1 ( Used $1/2 printable coupon). I had a printable coupon for .55 off of 2 cans of Hormel Chili and a MFG coupon from one of the newspaper inserts (2 weeks ago) for $1 off 4 boxes of Betty Crocker potatoes making them $3 for 4 boxes. I got 10 items at the Dollar store for $6.45. Not a huge savings but good enough for me. =)
Now I love Rite-Aid and this is what got me hooked the beginning of this month. Of course the UP Rewards were way better making things absolutely free but there’s still some really good deals if you match your coupons up just right. Now this trip is a little trickier to explain because of UP Rewards, sale prices and coupons are involved. I’ll do my best to explain it 😉 I got:
1 Gillette Fushion ProGlide Razor – on sale for 9.99. I used a $3/1 coupon from this weekends insert making it 6.99 oop but make $2 up rewards. (Final price $4.99).
2 Bottles of Dove Shampoo – on sale for 3.79/each = 7.58. I used 3 coupons (2 printable coupons for 1.50 off each and 1 video values coupon for $2 off of 2) (Final price $1.29/each).
2 Oral B toothbrushes-on sale for 2.99/each. I used 2 coupons; (.75 load to card coupon and .75 printable coupon) making both 4.48. Earned $3 up rewards. (Final price .74/each).
- 2 Almay Lip Gloss– on sale buy one get one 1/2 off. Bought one for 5.99 got the other for 2.99. Used 2 coupons; one printable $5/2 and a Video values printable $2/2. (Final price .99/each).
- 4 Bottles of Pantene Shampoo– on sale 2/7. Totaling $14. I used 2 coupons $3/2 Load to card coupon and 1 $3/2 coupon from this weekends insert. Out of pocket was $8/4. Getting $4 Up rewards. (Final price $1.00/each).
- 1 Vaseline Intensive Care Spray and Go– on sale for 5.99. I used 2 coupons; 1 1 off coupon from a previous insert and a 1 off Video Values coupon. Making it 3.99 oop. Getting $2 Up rewards. (Final price $1.99).
- 2 V8 Fusion Energy Drink (6 pack)- on sale for 2/6. I used 2 $1/1 printable coupon from V8’s website making them 2/$4. Getting $1 Up reward. (Final Price $1.50/each).
- 1 Basic Bounty Paper Towels- on sale for .99 each. Used a .20/1 coupon from this weekends insert. (Final price .79).
- 3 bottles of Dawn Dish Detergent– on sale for .99 each. Used 3 coupons; .50/1 load to card, .50/1 load to card and .20/1 coupon from this weekends insert. (Final price $1.77 for all).
Total price before sales or coupons was $87.32. Out of pocket was $33.18. Savings was $54.14! Getting $12 Up Rewards back so Final Price $21.18! =)
My last and final stop was Shaws. I never really used to shop at Shaws but now that I know they are the only ones in the area that will double coupons up to .99. I’ve been shopping there more. =) Today I used a few coupons and some of those were under .99 so they doubled. I got a box of cereal, butter, 2 boxes of Capri Sun, jar of tabasco sauce, cake mix and frosting, molly mcbutter, and I had a BOGO coupon from this weekends insert for Scope and they were on sale for $3.50 each, so got 2 for the $3.50. Total price before coupons $24.74 after coupons $12.04! =)
While I was there I found perfume at 75% off. I got 2 bottles for 3.98!
Phew! That was my shopping trip today. =) Do you coupon? I would love to hear your tips and tricks =)
Thanks for visiting us at WEMAKE7! =)