“As a Mambo Blogger Affiliate I have been compensated for this post. All opinions are my own.”
Show of hands, whose glad that Summer is finally here? Now that Summer is in full swing our family spends a lot of time outdoors. We love camping, throwing the ball around and even eating our meals outside. On really hot days though we like to eat meals that are light. Just the other day our family made some whole wheat wraps with Texmati Rice from RiceSelect. They are perfect for an easy Summertime lunch idea.
Texmati® is the most recognized brand of aromatic rice in the United States. Their award-winning Texmati White Rice combines the qualities of basmati with that of traditional American long grain rice. It’s naturally nutritious, gluten-free, and low in fat, cholesterol and sodium. It’s Certified Kosher by Star K and is Non-GMO. It has a delicious all natural flavor and delightful popcorn aroma.
I love cooking with Texmati rice. It’s easy to cook and comes out perfect every time. I love how fluffy the rice turns out and how it can be enjoyed on the side or in a great recipe. Not to mention it tastes delicious!
Super Easy Cheesy Whole Wheat Wrap with Beans & Rice
- RiceSelect Texmati Rice – 1 cup uncooked
- Refried Beans – 1 can
- Your choice of cheese – Cheddar or Mozzarella (or both)
- Whole Wheat Tortillas
1. Start out by cooking your rice using the packaging instructions. As soon as the rice is done warm up the refried beans on the stove until they are smooth.
2. Add a tsp or two of extra virgin olive oil to a frying pan and let pan and oil heat up.
3. Grab a tortilla and spread some refried beans over the entire area. Then add rice in the center and top with 2 pieces of cheese.
4. Fold your tortilla in any way you would like and when the pan is fully heated add the tortilla wrap you just made to the pan.
5. As soon as the bottom of the wrap gets darker flip to the other side and brown that side as well.
Pair with a fresh salad and you have yourself a yummy lunch or dinner. 😉 Enjoy!
Love giveaways? Well your in luck! Enter the giveaway below at a chance of winning a canister of Texmati Rice and a shopping bag!
(TRV about $22) Giveaway open to U.S. only.
To learn more about RiceSelect and their products visit riceselect.com.
Have you tried Texmati Rice yet? What kinds of recipes do you make with the rice? Tell me in the comments. 😉