Do you like pickles? My kiddos love them and I do as well. They go great with sandwiches and as a yummy crunchy snack. There’s just something unique about them that make them so great.
Lately I have been making more meals and snacks from scratch to provide healthier options for my family. I admit though, it gets very time-consuming but so worth it!
Recently we made some Dill Pickles and it was easy! I can’t wait until we plant our own cucumbers and make pickles from those this Summer.
4 pickling cucumbers
- 2 teaspoons organic garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon pickling salt
- 1 tablespoon organic sugar
- 4 heads fresh organic dill
- 1 1/2 cups white vinegar
- 4 cups water
- Clean cucumbers and dill thoroughly.
- Pat dry dill and set aside.
- Stir vinegar, water, sugar and pickling salt together in medium saucepan over medium-high heat. Bring to a boil. Remove from heat and let cool.
Cut cucumbers into spears.
- Place cucumber spears, garlic powder and fresh dill (2 heads in each) into 2-1 quart glass jars.
- Pour the liquid mixture (after cooled) into the jars over your cucumbers.
- Seal container and refrigerate at least 5-7 days.
How do you like eating your pickles?