As the cold weather hits I tend to make more soups and chowders to feed my family. Not only are they delicious and filling but they also warm the belly. One of my biggest goals that I set for this new year was to make our meals from scratch as much as possible and get away from processed and prepared meals. I have been having a blast in the kitchen cooking with my husband and our kiddos have been lending a hand in the kitchen too.
SWEET HADDOCK & CORN CHOWDA
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 4 cups diced potatoes
- 10 ounces frozen or canned whole kernel corn
- 12 ounces Haddock, diced into 1/2 inch cubes
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 14 ounces condensed milk
- Melt 1 tablespoon butter in a large pan over medium heat. Saute the chopped onion until tender.
- Mix the flour with the chicken broth and add that mixture along with the potatoes and corn in with the sautéed onion. Let simmer for 10-15 minutes.
- Add the Haddock and let simmer another 10 minutes.
- Remove from heat and stir in the condensed milk.
- Serve and warm your belly.
How do you warm up on a cold Winter day?